NOW ENROLLING FOR THE 2021-22 SCHOOL YEAR
Tours Will Start as of Oct. 2020
About Our School
The Maria Montessori School of the Golden Gate, founded by the late Dr. Ursula Thrush in 1972, is designed for children from toddler through elementary school age. Based on Dr. Maria Montessori’s philosophy, the school offers programs designed to nurture the physical, social, cognitive and emotional development of each student.
In association with
International Montessori Society (IMS)
OPEN HOUSE &
IN PERSON TOURS
Nov. 11th Vetern’s Day
there is no school.
We are offering that day for In Person Tours. Enrolling for the 2021-2022 school year.
Open House by appointment only. We ask that you please bring your child on the tour. Tours will be given every 30 min. Please wear a mask.
Please email us at
By appointment only tours will be given at 9:oo am to 11:00 am
& 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
30 min per tour.
We look forward to seeing you all!
Now Enrolling for The Fall 2021-2022.
Please call at 415-731-8188
The Maria Montessori School of the Golden Gate is a Non-Profit Corporation, which provides three levels of Montessori education as well as Daycare. All programs are offered 5 days a week:
Serving Children 2.5 to 6 years old
Full Day Session 9:00 am – 3:00 pm — Tuition $1525.00/month
Before & After Day Care & Full Day Session 8:00 am – 6:00 pm — Tuition $1900.00/month
Transitional Kindergarten (TK)
9:00 am – 3:00 pm
9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Before School Session
8:00 am – 9:00 am
After School Session
3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Goals of a Montessori Education
- To stimulate the growth of the total child.
- To provide a warm and accepting environment in which each child feels secure, respected and loved.
- To provide and enriched, stimulating environment with safe limits within which the child is an active explorer and learner.
- To encourage the child to become self-directed.
- To provide a framework of discipline through which a child can develop self-discipline and personal strength.
- To develop creativity and a positive self-image.
- To provide a cross-cultural environment in which the foundations of global peace may be laid.